Friday 30 March 2012

Comparisons

I can't decide who's best between two homebred boars in my shed, I keep getting them out and comparing them, asking other people's opinions etc and I still can't make up my mind! I think I'm going to have to show them both a few times and see what the judges think!

'Jefferson'(left) 10 months old and 'Texas'(right) 7 months old.
Both are fairly evenly matched in the crest department!
Jefferson has the better head but Texas has better eye and ear

Comparing top colour and coat qualities, Jefferson(top) has a slightly more vibrant colour overall(not really visible in a photo) but has a longer coat, Texas is generally paler, but more even with less fading on the flanks.

Comparing under colour, Jefferson is on the left here and his under colour looks miles better than Tex at this point, but not long ago Texas was the better. Jeff is more uneven in his under colour though with much paler flanks, whereas Tex is appearing paler all over, but at least it's even!

'Jefferson'
Good head and crest, but uneven top and under, flakiness to sides and small slightly high set ears.

'Texas'
Good eye and crest, better ear, more even colour and shorter coat, but light under and less vibrancy.



I'm sure I'll make up my mind between the two one day!

(as an interesting side note: the pig in the title banner is Jefferson's grandad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment